Monogram Application Instructions
Vinyl:Applying vinyl decals to any smooth surface is very simple!
- First you want to make sure that the surface is clean. If wiping or washing before application, make sure surface is thoroughly dry.
- Take a hard item like a credit card and rub it over the surface of the decal to make sure it is firmly sticking to the clear transfer paper. Slowly start to pull off the transfer paper and if any part of the decal is not sticking to it rub it more with the credit card or use your fingernail to flick the monogram off the backing.
- Once the decal is on the clear transfer paper place it slowly on the item making sure there are no bubbles. Once again use the credit card to smooth it out and make sure it is firmly stuck to the item.
- Starting in a corner, slowly pull back the clear transfer paper back onto itself, pressing the decal as you go.
Voila! Anything can be monogrammed with an easy to apply vinyl decal!
Application is quick and easy…
- Garment or fabric item of choice
- Parchment paper (or pillowcase)
- Set iron to cotton setting (high heat) with NO steam (important).
- If using parchment paper, cut piece large enough to cover design AND entire surface of iron in order to protect your garment.
- Lay fabric item on a flat surface, where there will be no heat damage. Ironing board or table with heat-safe cutting board underneath is a good set up.
- Slightly heat fabric and remove wrinkles with your now-hot iron.
- Place heat transfer design on the area where it will be applied. DO NOT peel off of the shiny plastic covering. Your design should be readable under the clear layer of plastic.
- Carefully (without moving heat transfer) lay your parchment paper or pillowcase over top of your design, and firmly press hot iron onto it for 10-15 seconds. Lift iron, and set it away from design.
- The paper and design will be hot to the touch, let cool for a couple seconds before testing. When ready, test a corner of your design by slowly peeling plastic backing up.
- If it comes away easily, continue to remove plastic backing, and let it cool completely before touching. If your design does not separate from plastic, repeat steps 6 & 7.
- You’re finished! Enjoy your new, heat transfer monogram or design.
*If, at any point after application your design starts to curl or peel off, just repeat the ironing process with a single sheet of parchment overtop. Design will re-adhere to fabric.